Do You Tether?
Whether you are a pro or newbie to tethering, your workstation is that sets you apart from the rest. Look professional to your clients and improve your workflow. Tethering will help get the job done and rebooked next time. Find out which DigiSystem kit best suits your needs!
Earlier this month INOVATIV was exhibiting at the Portrait Masters Conference, hosted by Sue Bryce, in Arizona. Hundreds of portrait photographers attended from all over the world. This conference stands out because there were tons of shooting bays that were monitored by top photographers in the industry along with photo editing stations, allowing attendees, at all photography levels, to get inspired and gain feedback to help them as they were photographing at the different bays. This concept is to help inspire attendees to be creative, shoot outside of their comfort level and take key techniques that were taught by the world-renowned speakers to the test.
NOVATIV designed 3 kits that would be the perfect fit for photographers: Lite Tethering Workstation, Pro Digi Tethering Workstation, Pro Lite Workstation. These 3 kits were displayed at INOVATIV’s booth for photographers to check out for the first time.
The feedback and reactions we got from photographers was extraordinary. There are a few other companies that offer a portable workstation solution for photographers to use, but there is nothing comparable to the three DigiSystem kits curated by INOVATIV for photographers.
What Makes DigiSystems The Best Tethering Solution in The Industry?
- The kits allow for both a laptop and accessories like an external hard drive to be attached and taken on the go – which is great for run-and-gun type situations on shoots. You can literally carry your workstation from one job to the next without taking it apart. The DigiClamps, attached to the DigiPlate, keep your gear secured in place.
- The kits come with clamps for stability, unlike other options in the industry. The clamps keep your laptop in place so you never have to fear that your laptop will get knocked off from your workstation. This is a huge benefit!
- Both the DigiPlate Lite and DigiPlate Pro are super lightweight and made of aluminum. Don’t be fooled by the lightness of these workstations, they are built tough to provide you a sturdy workstation to use either in studio or on the go.
- The DigiPlate Lite folds up and can easily fit into your camera bag. Perfect if you need to be on the go or need to travel.
- The DigiPlate Lite, which comes with the Lite Tethering Workstation and Pro Lite Tethering Workstation, has 21 threaded holes (tapped with the very common 3/8-16 thread size) and it allows for photographers to mount accessories like hard drives and cable management solutions to the bottom of their workstation if needed.
- The DigiPlate Pro, which comes in the Pro Digi Tethering Workstation kit, has 161 threaded holes (tapped with the very common 3/8-16 thread size) so that photographers can mount accessories like hard drives to the bottom of their workstation. Mounting accessories to your workstation help keep the working space clean and organized.
- The Pro Digi Tethering Workstation has additional cable management holes in the back to provide extra protection to your computer ports when tethering.
- Both the Lite Tethering Workstation and Pro Lite Workstation can be mounted onto the legs of a tripod, the top of the tripod, or on any stand.
- Instead of taking up the worksurface space, both the Pro Lite Workstation and Pro Digi Tethering Workstation come with a mousepad that can be attached on the left or right side to provide an optimal workstation solution.
Which Tethering Solution Fits Your Workflow Best?
This kit comes with the DigiPlate Lite which is the T-shaped workstation base with 21 holes. Two DigiClamps to hold your laptop in place. The DigiBase that can be attached to any light stand or to the top of a tripod. This kit also comes with a DigiBracket to give photographers the option to attach their workstation to the legs of a tripod.
The Lite Tethering Workstation is a great kit for landscape or product photographers because your laptop can be attached to your tripod and give you the ability to see all of your images on a larger screen as you photograph. This is also ideal for photographers that want an extremely small footprint when on location.
This kit is a variation of the Lite Tethering Workstation. It comes with the DigiPlate Lite which is the T-Shaped workstation base with 21 holes. Two DigiClamps to secure your laptop in place. A DigiMouse Pad which can be attached either on the left or right side. For cable management, a DigiHanger in anodized orange is included that can be attached to the bottom of the DigiPlate Lite. A DigiBase that can be attached to any light stand or top of a tripod; and a DigiBracket which can be attached to the legs of a tripod.
The benefit of this kit is the DigiHanger for cable management. This is a must-have if you are incorporating tethering into your workflow. Also, the DigiMouse is a nice addition to have if you are photographing and need to make tweaks on the go. The DigiMouse doesn’t take away room from your worksurface and can be adjusted for the left or right-handed user.
The Pro Lite Workstation is ideal for photographers that incorporate tethering into their workflow. From Portrait to commercial photography, this workstation will make your workflow easy and clean with its small footprint.
This kit was created with the professional in mind that has to work a lot from the workstation, whether it’s color correcting or selecting images, it’s a sturdy and durable workstation solution in the studio or on the go.
This kit comes with the DigiPlate Pro which has 161 holes and allows for photographers to customize their work surface to their needs. Two Digiclamps to secure your laptop in place. Two more Digiclamps that are meant for accessories; such as attaching a hard drive to the bottom of the DigiPlate Pro. A DigiBase so that the workstation can be attached to any light stand or on top of a tripod. This kit also includes a DigiMouse Pad which can be attached to either the left or right side of the workstation.
With the additional DigiClamps for accessory attachment, photographers are able to attach their hard drives to the bottom of the DigiPlate to help with their workflow and keep their images backed-up.
Thie DigiPlate Pro is a bulkier piece compared to the DigiPlate Lite, as it weighs 4 lbs compared to the DigiPlate Lite which weighs approximately 1.5 lbs. The Pro Digi Tethering Workstation is a great fit for photographers that incorporate tethering into their workflow. From high-volume headshots and portraits to commercial photography, this is a stable workhorse.
Portrait Masters Favorite
At the Portrait Masters, many photographers gravitated either toward the Pro Lite Workstation or Pro Digi Tethering Workstation. The two features that stood out the most to all of INOVATIV’s booth visitors were the DigiClamps that secure the laptop in place and all the additional holes in the workstation for personal customization.
All three kits were designed with the photographer in mind and helping to make their workflow easier, more reliable and secure without the fear of gear taking an unnecessary spill and having a seamless transition from studio to on-location work or those run-and-gun type situations where you have multiple shoots in one location and need to move quickly.